Buy3Clothing_468x60_animbanner

Monday, July 30, 2007

The Time Investment II

With my first born, I would put a lot of attention in education development without going all out. Doing nothing is bad and trying to turn your kid into a genius wouldn't be fun. I've read many articles on child development and many of them explained that the most effective method is making learning fun. It makes a lot of sense as this way of learning applies to anybody at any age.

I tried to get my kid to at least read, write, and do basic addition before starting school. It seemed to work pretty well as I started to have more kids and less time for everyone in terms of learning time. With my first one having a good start, I would put my faith in the great public school and great teachers to take over - but not totally. My family was blessed to be in an area with a fine school system.

It feels bad that I don't put much teaching time to my second kid. My solution is to teach my kid in small chunks and be consistent. A little at a time. My second one still can't read yet but I see signs that the kid is starting to "get it".

No comments: